National Productivity and Competitiveness Centre (NPCC) is a Department in the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection and it’s the Government agency responsible for productivity improvement practices and competitiveness in the country. The Centre is involved in promoting and implementing productivity improvement programmes to mainstream public and private sector institutions and enterprises to enhance the nation’s competitiveness.
To be a Centre of excellence for productivity management in Kenya
To promote best practices in the public and private sectors and enhance factor productivity and competitiveness
Our Core Functions
- Spearhead productivity movement in the country through awareness creation aimed at inculcating a culture of productivity in Kenya
- Productivity measurement at the national, sectorial and firm level to develop various productivity indices
- Implement productivity improvement activities in public and private sector organizations aimed at enhancing their profitability and competitiveness.
- Enhancing the country’s competitiveness through implementation of productivity improvement programmes. The Centre is in the process of developing a strategy that will guide competitiveness enhancement activities in the country.
- Acquire, process and disseminate relevant productivity information
- Influence policies affecting issues of productivity and competitiveness in Kenya